Want to know one of the most popular SIBO treatment recommendations on this podcast? Stress management and sleep. Yes, low FODMAP foods and anti-microbials are only one part of the picture. In reality, our on-going gut health has everything to do with the simplest, most common sense lifestyle choices. And today’s episode is all about how to change your everyday habits to foster better rest and more of it.
Jennifer Hanway is a holistic nutritionist with practices in Boston and New York. More importantly, she’s a fellow gut warrior, who’s seen first-hand how sleep can impact daily stress levels and digestive health. If you’re looking for tangible ways to drastically improve your sleep, or just want to understand how our time under the covers effects intestinal motlity, today’s episode is for you!
A Quick Taste of What We’ll Cover:
- Why sleep is so important for gut healing and why a damaged gut might hurt our ability to sleep
- How hormones play a part in our circadian rhythm, preparing us for or precluding us from sleep
- How melatonin works as a sleep aid and as part of our hormonal system
- The best practices from morning to night for hacking our sleep cycles
- How temperature and light can affect our ability to sleep
- Tips if your main problem isn’t falling asleep but staying asleep
- What your chronotype means about your sleep profile
- What people dealing with SIBO should keep in mind about sleep
- The best gut-friendly supplements to promote better sleep
- How to navigate a partner’s sleep schedule if it’s much different than yours
- Jennifer Hanway’s website
- Jennifer’s 24 Hours to Less Stress, More Sleep e-book
- Jennifer's sleep kit:
- Phoebe's post on the Best Natural Sleep Aids
- How to find out your chronotype quiz
- Himalayan pink salt
- Dead sea magnesium oil spray
- Liquid vitamin D
This episode is brought to you by Butcher Box, a service that curates a selection of the best tasting, healthiest meat and poultry delivered to your door every 1 to 3 months. Their animals are grass-fed, organic, always free of antibiotics and hormones, AND a fraction of the price of what you would pay at Whole Foods for a comparable selection. I’ve been a subscriber for over a year and it’s been a game changer for my low FODMAP cooking. Use code SIBOMADESIMPLE at checkout for free shipping, a FREE package of their sugar-free bacon, AND $20 off your first order. Or simply go straight to https://www.butcherbox.com/sibomadesimpleto take advantage of this offer.
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.