In this week’s podcast, you will hear from inspiring Gold Star Wives, all whom have lost their husbands in battle. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will learn what these amazing ladies are doing with their lives – serving other military families and humanity, while bringing hope and strength to everyone around them. Don’t miss this one. It’s well worth the listen.
In this episode you will hear:
• When tragedy hits and men give everything, you see what it means to be an American.
• If you wake up every day & say “I can’t” – you won’t. And if you wake up and say “I can”, you will.
• If you want your life to change, what are you gonna do today to make that change?
• Turn sadness into something positive.
• Now it’s my role to not quit for him, because he didn’t quit for us.
• Heroes are keeping us safe in this country.
• In a weird way, the loss of our husbands bonded us women.
• When powerful people go through such a loss, they can improve the world.
• Our main focus is: We love our country.
• Some of the funniest stories are born during our lowest moments.
• We can either to give up, or get up and live for him.
• When what you thought your life was gonna be like is no longer, you’ve gotta figure out who you are, and what you’re gonna do.
• With time, pain will slowly find a purpose.
• There is hope. You will be happy again. You will smile again.
• Find purpose in your pain.
• You get so much by giving.
• Life doesn’t prepare you for some things.
• We’re making sure to honor these men and women who gave up their tomorrow so we could have our today.
• We stand tall in the memory of our husbands.
• Find gratitude in every day – find one thing positive in each day.
• 60 seconds of unhappiness is a minute of happiness taken out of your life.
• Breathe in positivity and exhale negativity.
• It’s hard to feel sorry for yourself when you write down that which you’re grateful for.
• How we deal with tragedy will either define us as humans or redefine us as humans.
• We are the authors of our story. No one else can do that for us.