This episode edits and remasters two earlier episodes on investing based on cycles to focus on timeless investing principles.
Topics covered include:
- What are different types of cycles
- Why do cycles have subjective start and end dates.
- Why do coincidences happen so often.
- How to position investment portfolios based on cycles.
- How luck and skill play a role in investing.
- Why it is better to invest based on calibrating risk rather than prediction.
For more information on this episode click here.
Foundation For The Study of Cycles
Fluke: The Math and Myth of Coincidence by Joseph Mazur
A Spectral Analysis of World GDP Dynamics – Andrey V. Korotayev and Sergey V. Tsirel
Mastering The Market Cycle by Howard Marks
173: Should You Invest Based On Cycles
224: Mastering the Market Cycle – Howard Marks