How a nation's balance of payments impacts its currency exchange rate as evidenced by Turkey and other countries.
Topics covered include:
- What is a nation's balance of payments, its current account, and its capital account
- How an individual's personal financial flows are similar to those of a country
- What is causing the currency crisis in Turkey and Lebanon
- Why gold imports have increased by 150% in Turkey
- What is the Triffin dilemma or paradox and how does it impact the United States
- What individuals can do to manage currency risks
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.