In this week’s episode, Lucy and Ben begin a new mini-series that looks in-depth at the work of fashion designers whose clothing engages with themes we regularly explore through costume; chiefly identity and representation. We start by looking at the technically accomplished and creatively daring designs of award-winning British designer Craig Green.
Appropriately, this episode is brought to you in conjunction with our partner Penhaligon’s and their bespoke fragrance service. So, if you are feeling sufficiently inspired by hearing about the creativity of Craig Green, this could be your opportunity to make a statement through scent... As ever, accompanying episode images on our Instagram feed at @dressfancypodcast. If you enjoy listening to the show, there’s a good chance you’ll know somebody else who would, so please spread the word. While you’re at, leave a review on Apple iTunes, and provide a suggestion for a fancy dress theme you’d like us to cover in a future show.
- Dress: Fancy Instagram: @dressfancypodcast
- Penhaligon’s Instagram: @penhaligons_london
- Lucy Clayton: @mslucyclayton
- Benjamin Wild: @DrBenjaminWild
- Craig Green: @craig__green; https://craig-green.com.
- Craig Green S|S 2020: www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2020-menswear/craig-green.
- Craig Green Business of Fashion profile: www.businessoffashion.com/amp/community/people/craig-green.
- Craig Green winning ‘Dress of the Year 2015’: https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/d3v55y/a-craig-green-menswear-look-has-been-named-dress-of-the-year.
- What a Plank. Daily Mail report on Craig Green’s 2013 TopMan show: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2258725/What-plank-Bizarre-start-mens-fashion-week-London.html