Dan Baker of danbakerstrength.com and formerlly of the Brisbane Broncos
Topics Covered in This Podcast:
1. Coach Baker's transition from professional coaching
2. Wave-Cycling for In-Season training
3. Neuarl deload vs. Volumbe deload
4. Maintaining intesity in-season
5. Coach Baker's go-to lifts
6. Reflection of strength vs. building strength
7. Weekly in-season training schedule
8. Training for rugby vs. other sports
9. monitoring strength & power during the season
10. The PSychological aspect of training in-season
11. The state of strength & conditioning in Australia vs. the rest of the world
12. The biggest mistake when conditinign team sports
13. The biggest issues of LSD conditionign & circuit training
14. Integrating the Technical & tactical development with physical development
15. The best lessons Coach Baker got in the profession
Dan Baker is one of the worlds leading authorities upon strength and power training for sports athletes. A PhD in sports science specializing in the testing and training of strength and power, he has the scientific knowledge and practical know how to implement effective strength and power training for sports athletes. Unlike most Phd’s he does not work as a full-time lecturer or in a laboratory – he trains athletes. No science bullshit – just the stuff that works.
Some things about Dan Baker
As a strength & conditioning coach
Strength and power training coach of the Brisbane Broncos Rugby league team since 1995 (title winners 1997, 1998, 2000, 2006)
Former champion powerlifter and powerlifting coach
Strength and Conditioning Coach to elite international and national level athletes in the following sports – rugby league, rugby union, powerlifting, diving, soccer, track & field, netball, mixed martial arts to name a few
A Level 3 Strength and Conditioning Coach and Master Coach of Strength and Conditioning as recognized by the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association
As an Educator and Mentor for strength & conditioning coaches
Dan is the National President of the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA) which is the not-for-profit body recognized by the Australian Federal Government to educate and accredit strength & conditioning coaches within Australia.
Dan continues to lecture to all levels of ASCA coaches, from Level 1 beginner Coaches through to the Level 3 Elite Athlete Coaches.
Dan is a sought after Educator of Strength & Conditioning Coaches because he makes the science easy and tells it straight. The practical implementation is what it is all about.
In Australian sport and social life, the “Club” is important. Dedicated club members are sometimes bestowed an honour titled “Life Member” for endless hours of dedicated work on behalf of the Club or Organization. Dan has three Life Memberships.
Dan is a Life Member of the ASCA.
Dan is a Life Member of North Kirra Surf_Lifesaving Club
Dan is a Life Member of the University of Queensland Powerlifting & Weightlifting Club.