Mike and Sarah have big feelings about an enduring debate. Digressions include “Carrie,” party planning etiquette and Whole Foods cafeterias. Sarah’s sound quality changes midway through because she moves from a McDonald’s parking lot to a Hardee’s parking lot.
Special thanks to Meredith Clark and Allissa Richardson for helping us with the history section of this episode!
Subscribe on Patreon
Donate on Paypal
Buy cute merch
- Natalie Wynn's "Canceling"
- Drag Them: A brief etymology of so-called “cancel culture”
- The Long and Tortured History of Cancel Culture
- The strange journey of ‘cancel,’ from a Black-culture punchline to a White-grievance watchword
- Why Attacking ‘Cancel Culture’ And ‘Woke’ People Is Becoming The GOP’s New Political Strategy
- Tales From the Teenage Cancel Culture
- Generational Cycles in American Politics, 1952–2016
- It’s Not Callout Culture. It’s Accountability.
- An Incomplete (but growing) History of Harassment Campaigns since 2003
- The State of Online Harassment
- “Did We Create This Monster?” How Twitter Turned Toxic
- Morally Motivated Networked Harassment as Normative Reinforcement
Support the show (http://patreon.com/yourewrongabout)