Part 1: “The Last Angry Man”
It started with a sick dream of a violent revolution and a race war. Robert Mathews blamed Jewish people for all of the ills of the world. He wanted to see them annihilated, so he formed a group, culled from other extremist assemblies, and called it The Order. Their aim was to fund the overthrow of the government through counterfeiting and the armed robberies of banks and armored transport vehicles. With success, their brazenness escalated, and they decided to make a statement, with the assassination of a prominent radio host, shot at close range with a silenced submachine gun. Intended as a mission statement to the world, the group was too short-sighted to recognize it was the impetus of their downfall. This is The Order, part 1 of 2: The Last Angry Man.
For photos and sources for today’s episode, check out the Murder in the Rain Episode Blog.
Episode Host: Josh McCullough
If you’d like more episodes of Murder in the Rain, Patreon members at the $5/mo+ level, gain access to exclusive episodes, ad-free episodes, bonus content, and more.
Follow us on:
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/murderintherain/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mintherain/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/murderintherain
- TikTok https://www.tiktok.com/@em_murderintherain
- Website https://www.murderintherain.com/
- Email email@example.com
* Check out Armoire and use my code RAIN for a great deal: http://www.armoire.style
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/murder-in-the-rain/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands