Lucy talks with Egyptologists Dr Colleen Darnell and Professor John Darnell to reflect on the enduring cultural and sartorial appeal of the land and history of Tutankhamen. From rampant consumerism to studied attention to detail, the conversation considers the use, and misuse, of all things Egypt from the Twenties to today. In this trans-Atlantic chat, topics include vintage dress, sustainability, and the practicalities of sticking to a clothing theme when house cleaning.
Fittingly, this episode is brought to you in conjunction with Penhaligon’s evocative Cairo fragrance.
- Dress: Fancy Instagram: @dressfancypodcast
- Penhaligon’s Instagram: @penhaligons_london
- Lucy Clayton: @mslucyclayton
- Benjamin Wild: @DrBenjaminWild
- Penhaligon’s Cairo fragrance: https://www.penhaligons.com/cairo-eau-de-parfum.
- Dr Colleen Darnell: @vintage_egyptologist
- How To Read Hieroglyphs (with Dr Colleen Darnell): @howtoreadhieroglyphs