CATCH UP WITH K + L
Today K + L highlight and discuss a recent article on impulse purchases and the guilt we feel when making them. They expand the conversation to explore shame around money, metaphysical aspects of money, and purchasing things for self-care and growth. Remember to always have grace and compassion for yourself!
Today we are joined by holistic health coach, yoga teacher, founder of Get Loved Up, and author of Let Your Fears Make You Fierce, Koya Webb! To begin this inspiring conversation, Koya takes us on a journey through her childhood and growing up Southern Baptist. She discovered her love for fitness through VHS tapes, and shares how her upbringing set a strong foundation for her future. During her time as a college athlete, Koya shares how getting a stress fracture led to feelings of worthlessness, until she found yoga and breath work. She reveals how yoga enhanced her spiritual journey and how breath connects us to spirit. We also dive into how Koya stays at a high vibration, nutrition for an alkaline body, and how she processed and healed her trauma.
We also talk about:
- Being bullied in high school + college
- Fear blocking our Divine Guidance
- Why Koya started Get Loved Up
- Kemetic Yoga
- Being the only woman of color in fitness classes
- Unpacking history for ancestral healing
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more: koyawebb.com ; getlovedupdaily.com
- Instagram: @koyawebb ; @getlovedup
- Koya’s Book: Let Your Fears Make You Fierce
- Recommended Book: A Happy Pocket Full of Money
- A Financial Therapist’s Take on the Guilt You Feel After Making Impulse Purchases
- Your PodcastPro: yourpodcastpro.com
- SuperFat | Go to SuperFat.com and use the code ALMOST30 at checkout to get 15% off your order.
- YouVeda | Use code ALMOST30 for 35% at youveda.com.
- Methodology | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first delivery at gomethodology.com
- Prezence | Visit www.helloprezence.com/almost30 for a free month!
- Dame | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at dameproducts.com
- Mowellens | Use code ALMOST30 for 10% off your first purchase at mowellens.com
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media