Ron asks: "How do you learn colloquial language with limited resources?"
In Today's Episode:
- There's a perennial problem with materials in minority languages
- Textbooks are simple and boring
- The next level up is native level... far too hard
- It's a real problem without a good solution
- Long-term, you're only going to crack this problem by learning to understand native material and speaking with people a lot
- Take the long view and do what you can
- Keep studying the best you can
- Speak regularly and spend time with people
- Learn to read
- It will come eventually, but you've got to maintain a positive attitude over time
- Talk In Arabic - The best resource on the web for learning colloquial Arabic and Arabic dialects
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show! Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast! If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below! If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there! See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!