Ellen asks: How should I supplement my university language course?
In Today's Episode:
- It's good to think about how you want your language skills to develop post-uni, not just how to pass your exams!
- Many people studying languages at uni cannot speak when they graduate
- At uni, you'll get a huge amount of "education"... there's no risk of you not learning all the important stuff
- It's natural to want to master the vocabulary and grammar you meet, but you won't be able to do that by more study
- The way to master vocab and grammar, and to learn to speak the language confidently over time is by making the language a part of your life
- Find things you like in Spanish and German and spend as much time as possible enjoying them! I give you permission to put the books away and have fun!
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show! Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast! If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below! If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there! See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!