Interview with Ron McKeefery, Director of Sports Performance at Eastern Michigan University.
Topics in the Podcast
1. His Presentation at the 2014 NSCA Coaches Conference
"Only if you sacrifice for a cause will you truly love it"
3. The "How to" of relationship building.
"We are in this instant gratification society"
5. The 3 Roles of being a Strength Coach (Technician, Manager, Entrepreneur)
6. Paying your dues in the field.
"Seventeen years in this profession and I am just learning how to ask the right questions."
7. The Internship Program and Hiring Assistants
"I try to hire what I'm not."
"Hire slow and fire fast."
8. Coach McKeefery's Biggest Influences
9. The first things that need to happen when taking over a program.
"Get the right thought into the player's head instead of their own."
10. How the weight room relates to the field
11. The importance of the lifting partner
12. The Iron Game Chalk Talk, Strength on Demand, and his transparent view on why he started his website.
13. Coach's Future Speaking Engagements
Elitefts™ Collegiate Line
Podcasts at elitefts.com™
Coaching Articles at elitefts.com™
Sports Performance Articles at elitefts.com™
Articles by Mark Watts
Mark Watts' Training Log
Elitefts™ SPP on iTunes
Mark Watts on Twitter