Special Guest: Alex Fishman
In today’s episode, the iPhreaks panel talks to Alex Fishman about Bugsee. Alex the founder and CEO of Bugsee, which is a bug and crash reporting tool for mobile apps. Before going into the startup scene, he spent 16 years working in the digital camera space before the iPhone took over. They talk about what Bugsee is and how it works, how Bugsee protects privacy, other use cases for Bugsee, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- About Alex
- Worked in the digital camera scene previously
- Bugsee is about 3 ½ years old
- Had to shut down a previous startup before Bugsee
- Why did you decide to go in a different direction with mobile development?
- Software engineer by trade
- What is Bugsee?
- Sit in your app and record everything to find bugs for you
- What is the “everything” that Bugsee records?
- What kind of overhead is there to recording video all the time?
- How Bugsee deals with privacy
- Privacy depends on the nature of the app
- What’s the model for users knowing about your privacy policies?
- What does Bugsee look like to a developer?
- Traces and Events Timeline
- Bugsee for Web
- Other use cases
- Rubix Cubes
- Rubix Cube video
- And much, much more!