Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 15 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This month we review articles on:
1. Economic Costs of Diabtes in the U.S. 2017
2. Obesity Progression in Young Adults and Development of Diabetes
3. Prevalence of Behavioral Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes
4. Incidence of Diabetic Polyneuropathy
5. Placebo Effect in Diabetes Clinical Trials
6. IDegLira vs. Basal Bolus Insulin Therapy
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil S. Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Memorial Hospital.
John J. Russell, M.D., Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Memorial Hospital.