Brian talks with Thomas Munn (@symgryph, Principal IoT Security Researcher at Cree Lighting) about the challenges of moving from manufacturing to software, planning for IoT-scale deployments, securing millions of devices, and how Ansible and Azure Cloud help solve scaling challenges.
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Let’s talk a little bit about your background in technology, as well as this project you’re currently working on.
- Topic 2 - Cree is a worldwide manufacturer and marketer of lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and products for power and radio frequency applications. Today we’re talking about software development. Why is Cree making this evolution?
- Topic 3 - Let’s talk about how you think about scaling a project like this, to 100s of millions of devices. Does the public cloud come into play?
- Topic 4 - Let’s talk about the security challenges involved with managing the infrastructure, the data and all the security connections.
- Topic 5 - What are some of the key lessons you’ve learned over the last year on this project?