Aaron and Brian talk about the state of the public cloud, where each of the big 3 fit in the global IT picture, the big trends happening (mostly) in public cloud and what people should be tracking as we move into 2017.
- Topic 1 - At the end of 2016, what is the general state of the Public Cloud, in all areas? (SaaS application, pricing?, Apple?, Facebook?
- Topic 2 - Where does AWS sit in the global IT landscape?
- Topic 3 - Where does Azure sit in the global IT landscape?
- Topic 4 - Where does GCP sit in the global IT landscape?
- Topic 4a - Does any other cloud matter except those Big 3? (e.g. Baidu, Alibaba, etc.)
- Topic 5 - What trends, technology, problems, are emerging and should on people’s radar in 2017? (Open Source, SaaS, Serverless, IoT, Machine Learning, AI, Bots, GitHub
- Topic 6 - What did we lose in 2016 from a Public Cloud perspective? (VMware, Cisco, HPE Helion, Oracle? ,Security, etc.)?