Brian and Josh Atwell (@Josh_Atwell) talk with Chris Short (@ChrisShort, DevOps @SolarWinds) about the day-to-day role of a DevOps Engineer, how he chooses his tools and communications models, what he learned from the military that’s applicable to DevOps and how he uses his development skills to augment operations.
- Topic 1 - Tell us about yourself and give us some of your background.
- Topic 2 - So you’re a day-to-day, do it for real DevOps engineer. What does that mean these days?
- Topic 3 - You recently gave a talk at DevOps Days Detroit about “What the Military Taught Me About DevOps”. Tell us about your talk. What can we learn from the military vs. civilian companies (both good and bad)?
- Topic 4 - What are you seeing as the differences between the DevOpsDays events and what you’re doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Topic 5 - Does DevOps only work for companies that have cloud-native applications, or is it applicable to any applications or levels of technical debt?