Brian talks with Heather Shapiro (@microheather, Technical Evangelist @Microsoft) about Microsoft's approach to Big Data, how visualization helps people grasp analytics concepts, helping students learn the basics of big data, and the millennial perspective on the tech industry today.
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Tell us a little bit about your background and your talk today.
- Topic 2 - Microsoft big data was Excel and visualization was Powerpoint. So what are you focused on today and what interesting things are you seeing people work on?
- Topic 3 - What is a “Microsoft Developer” these days? What languages and frameworks are they focused on, or what tools and platforms?
- Topic 4 - You’re a fairly recent grad, or “millennial”. What’s your outlook on the tech industry these days, and what areas of focus are interesting to you and your friends?
- Topic 5 - What are the things that surprise you the most (or are most disappointing) about how us old people act in technology?