Brian talks with Melissa Nysewander (@mnysewan - Fidelity, Director of Data Science) about the state of data-science, how companies are using open and proprietary data, how to explain the value of data science within your organization, and how companies are recruiting data science talent.
- Get a free eBook from O'Reilly media or use promo code PCBW for a discount - 40% off Print Books and 50% off eBooks and videos
- Topic 1 - Let’s talk about your talk, “Open Data for Business”. What are some of the highlights?
- Topic 2 - You talk says that you, “Advocate for data-driven decision making and the application of scientific methods to solve business problems”. What is the business conversation around big data?
- Topic 3 - For the non-analytics person, where are we with big data these days?
- Topic 4 - You also have a background in teaching and research. “Data” is now part of every aspect of our lives, so what path might kids in school take today to be prepared for this world?
- Topic 5 - If you don’t have access to university research, what are the best places to learn or engage with communities??