Brian talks with Joseph Jacks (@asynchio; Founder @KubeCon; Kubernetes engineering @Apprenda) about the upcoming KubeCon conference, the evolution of the Kubernetes community, why customers are putting the technology into production, areas of improvement and where SIs and ISVs are looking to expand the technology for various markets.
- Topic 1 - It’s Year 2 of KubeCon. Momentum in the Kubernetes community has been growing really quickly. Give us the update on the event. Who are some of the companies that will be speaking about their experiences with Kubernetes?
- Topic 2 - We first met about a year and a half ago, before Kismatic (your previous company) went public. Back then it was lots of Kubernetes POCs, but now it seems like more and more Kubernetes in production. How are you seeing the market evolve and what’s driving it?
- Topic 3 - Companies have a lot of choices about how to manage containers these days - Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos, DIY approaches, etc. What are you hearing about why companies are choosing Kubernetes?
- Topic 4 - No architecture is without faults or issues. What challenges do you still see for Kubernetes adopters, or the top priorities for the Kubernetes community?
- Topic 5 - Where are you seeing opportunities to interact with the Kubernetes community (for ISVs, Cloud Providers, Emerging Technology areas, etc.)?