Brian talks with Jeremy Eder (@jeremyeder; Performance Engineering at @RedHatNews) about the CNCF’s 1000 node cluster, designing large scale cloud-native environments, how testing has evolved with containers and sharable lessons from this build-out.
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Give us a little bit of your background, and some background on how you got involved with the CNCF Cluster testing.
- Topic 2 - There are tons of details about your project in the blog post (see show notes), but let’s talk about some of the core things you were able to demonstrate with this testing (OpenStack, OpenShift, OOB Management, Application Deployments, etc.)
- Topic 3 - Creating a POC and architecting a large-scale environment are very different tasks. Let’s discuss some of the major design considerations you needed to work out.
- Topic 4 - During the build, where were the major time savers or areas where automation was the only way to accomplish your goals?
- Topic 5 - Tell us about the applications that were running on the cluster? How did you decide what to test? How do you monitor the environment once it was up and running?
- Topic 5 - What lessons can you pass along to anyone looking to architect or test a larger-scale environment? Any scars and scabs that people can avoid?