Aaron talks with Sinclair Schuller (@sschuller; CEO/Founder of @Apprenda) about news at Apprenda, the Kubernetes community, legacy apps vs. cloud native apps and why architecture is critical in a PaaS platform.
- Want to register right now? Use code PCCLOUD for 30% OSCON registration
- Want to attend OSCON for Free? Use code PCEXPO to get expo access for free.
- Topic 1 - How are things going at Apprenda? It’s been way too long...l
- Topic 2 - What is the state of “Platforms” these days? Are they structured vs. unstructured, Docker-capable vs. Non-Docker, or some other dominant architectural characteristics?
- Topic 3 - Do platforms actually help companies build applications “faster”, or are they mostly there to automate the infrastructure and services under a platform?
- Topic 4 - We read a whitepaper talking about how Apprenda helped a customer migrate 70+ applications to the platform in a really short period of time. What do these migrations look like?
- Topic 5 - Apprenda recently added Kubernetes. What are the details around that and what value does it bring to customers?