* Pawan’s diverse role as Global CIO/CTO, which encompasses overseeing Foot Locker’s global technology function, the digital supply chain, digital marketing and the customer experience across physical and digital touchpoints, and driving loyalty
* How Foot Locker uses customer journey mapping to activate strong signals and amplify weak signals to better understand the rapidly changing expectations of their customers
* Why machine learning and data analytics is playing an increasingly important role in enabling rapid decision making, and the ways in which the technical team of data scientists collaborates with the business
* The three foundational elements of Foot Locker’s customer loyalty strategy, which include (1) engage and earn, (2) redeem, and (3) freshness
* The customer-facing aspects of Pawan’s responsibilities, and how having end-to-end visibility enables him to find synergies, respond to customers more quickly, and serve them in a more meaningful way
* Eye on the Trends: artificial intelligence, blockchain, experiential commerce, connectivity and networks
Pawan is the Executive Vice President and Global Chief Information and Technology Officer of Foot Locker, the $7.7 billion footwear retailer with 3,310 stores in 24 countries. As CIO and CTO, Pawan oversees the global information technology functions and infrastructure, and provide leadership and vision to align technology with strategic business initiatives. He is also responsible for digital marketing and the customer experience across touchpoints, optimizing the supply chain to meet changing customer expectations, and creating memorable experiences that promote customer loyalty.
Prior to joining Foot Locker, Pawan was Vice President of Digital and Marketing Technologies and Services Platforms at Target, where he led the eCommerce, Mobility, Cloud and API Platform teams. Before Target, Pawan spent a decade at Verizon Wireless, most recently as Senior Director of Architecture and Product Engineering.
Pawan received a Master’s of Science in Software Engineering and Computer Applications from the Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad, and an MBA in Strategy and Management Information Systems from Kent State University’s Graduate School of Management.