Among other topics, Vince discussed the following issues with Metis Strategy:
* How United Technologies approaches IT and digital in a way that maximizes synergies
* How IT and digital are organized and governed within the organization
* How United Technologies manages offensive and defensive capabilities
* How United Technologies organizes its innovation functions into United Technologies Digital and United Technologies Research Center
* United Technologies Digital Accelerator in Dumbo Brooklyn, how priorities are set, and the unique processes they employ
* Vince’s perspective on the advantages of companies operating at scale, versus the advantages of a digitally native organization
* How United Technologies manages cybersecurity risk as an increasing number of its products are connected to the IoT
Vince is the Senior Vice President, Digital and Chief Information Officer of United Technologies Corp. (UTC), an industrial conglomerate and military contractor with over $57 billion in revenue. Since joining UTC in June of 2016, Vince has been responsible for the strategic direction of the company’s global IT operations, including the continued implementation of UTC’s digital strategies, and identifying opportunities that harness and leverage data to create value for customers and increase UTC’s operational efficiency.
Prior to joining UTC, Vince held a number of executive positions as General Electric, including most recently as Chief Operating Officer for GE Digital. Prior to the COO role, Vince was the General Manager, Cloud Services & CIO of GE Digital. Before GE Digital, Vince spent time as both the CIO & Lean Leader and CIO & Quality Leader of GE Power. Prior to GE Power, Vince was the CIO of GE Corporate.
Vince earned a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Marketing from the State University of New York at Albany