Among other topics, Linda discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
* Linda’s expanded purview as Executive Vice President of Technology and Chief Digital Officer
* United’s digital strategy, and how they use digital to enhance both the customer-facing experience as well as internal operations
* Evolving customer expectations in the travel space
* How Linda has seen the role of the CIO evolve during the past 10+ years
* Linda’s view on the role of the Chief Digital Officer
* Advice for CIOs who aspire to join corporate Boards
* How United thinks about cyber risk, and how to have the conversation with the Board
* The importance of machine learning for leveraging data across the company
Linda is the Executive Vice President of Technology and Chief Digital Officer for United Airlines, a $19 billion company. Since becoming EVP Technology and CDO this past June, Linda has been responsible for strategy and operations of United’s technology platforms and infrastructure, as well as United’s mobile app, e-commerce, and commercial web platforms.
Linda joined United in 2014 as Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer. Prior to joining United, Linda was Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Rogers Communications, and has served as CIO for Energy Future Holdings Corporation and Flowserve Corporation.
Linda is a member of the Board of Directors at Exelon Corporation. She also participates on a variety of not-for-profit and education boards including the Adler Planetarium and the Rensselaer Alumni Association.
Linda holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science and a master’s degree in industrial engineering, both from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.