Among other topics, Thaddeus discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
* The progression of Thaddeus’ career through a variety of roles in many industries
* The value AT&T Business provides customers and Thaddeus’ role as CEO
* Shift of AT&T business from hardware appliances to software, and the resulting change to the organizational structure (and CIO role)
* The changing role of the CIO from integrator and enabler to transformation leader, and how business leaders can use innovation as a disruptive tool
* The mindset successful CIOs of the future need to have to help their business partners and customers thrive
* AT&T’s network of innovation centers
Thaddeus is Chief Executive Officer of AT&T Business, which serves over 2.5 million business customers in almost 200 countries and territories, including nearly all of the world’s Fortune 1000 companies. As CEO, Thaddeus is responsible for AT&T’s integrated business solutions and international organization.
Thaddeus joined AT&T through its acquisition of Cingular Wireless, where he was CIO. Upon joining AT&T, he became CIO of AT&T, a role he held for seven years. Thaddeus has since held a number of senior executive positions including President of Technology Development, CEO of AT&T Mexico, and now, CEO of AT&T Business. Prior to joining Cingular Wireless Thaddeus was a Senior Vice President at Sabre.
Thaddeus holds a Bachelor or Science degree in mathematics and computer science from The University of Texas at Arlington, as well as a MBA from Southern Methodist University.