Among other topics, Neal discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
* Neal’s transformation of the Express Script’s IT department
* Technology driven health care
* Express Script’s apprenticeship to hire program
* The steps Neal takes to prepare for new roles
* The value Neal has derived from his Ph.D. in Computer Science
* Fostering personal growth while adding value at a new position: change scale, function, or domain
* Eye on the trends: high utility wearables
Neal Sample is Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Express Scripts, a $100 billion pharmacy benefit management company. Since joining the organization in early 2016, Neal has focused on innovative solutions, process improvements, and increasing productivity.
Prior to joining Express Scripts, Neal held several executive level positions with American Express’s Enterprise Growth unit including President, CIO, and Chief Marketing Technologist. Neal has also held technology leadership roles at eBay and Yahoo.
Neal earned a B.A. and M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Wyoming. He also holds an M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University.