Among other topics, Greg discusses the following issues with Metis Strategy:
* The role of technology in Fifth Third’s business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer (B2C) relationships
* Fifth Third’s multi-pronged technology division
* Firth Third’s three-phrased strategy for developing and delivering new technologies
* Why CIOs need to know each business within the enterprise
* Greg’s career path from CIO to CEO
Greg is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Fifth Third Bank, a diversified financial services company with $142 billion in assets.
Greg joined Fifth Third in 2003 as Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer. By 2006 he was offered the Chief Operating Officer role, and became President in 2012. Greg has served as President and CEO since 2015.
Prior to joining Fifth Third, Greg was the CIO of Emerson Electric, and held several information technology and leadership positions at General Electric.
Greg earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University of Dayton and a master’s degree in business administration from Central Michigan University.
Greg is a member of Fifth Third Bank’s Board of Directors and of the Financial Services Roundtable Advisory Board, the leading advocacy organization for America’s financial services industry.