Davos Special: Trump Is Against Capitalism, Roubini Says
Published January 18, 2017
|
56 min
    Download
    Add to queue
    Copy URL
    Show notes
    Nouriel Roubini, a professor at NYU's Stern School of Business, discusses Donald Trump and says France's Le Pen would be the end of Europe. Prior to that, Joseph Stiglitz, a professor at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs, says the rule of law is an issue under Trump's presidency. Harvard's Kenneth Rogoff says he's concerned about the new administration's relationship with the Fed. Then, Robert Shiller, a Nobel economist and Yale professor, says Trump brings uncertainty and inspiration at the same time. David Lipton, the IMF's first deputy managing director, says interconnectedness has helped people achieve higher living standards. Finally, John Studzinski, vice-chair of the Blackstone Group, says Davos is the 1 percent of the 1 percent talking to themselves with no one represented from the other 99 percent -- and having more youth in the room in Davos would make a big difference.
      15
      15
        0:00:00 / 0:00:00