AJ (@AJHarbinger) and Johnny (@AOCJohnny) continue the theme of Emotional Bids by discussing practical ways to deepen and strengthen the connections with the people in our lives. Their source for this week’s discussion comes from a Gottman Institute article by Zach Brittle:
Whether it’s reciprocating feelings, talking about your day, or even better understanding physical touch, emotional bids help develop human-to-human connection and build long-lasting relationships.
WHAT TO LISTEN OUT FOR
* How can the use of emotional bids help us make better connections with the people?
* What is the best way to react to an emotional bid?
* We might not always be able to respond to someone’s emotional bid right away. How can we respond to someone to still show that we care?
*What role does humor play in emotional connection?
* What’s an example of an emotional bid that can be easily overlooked?
* We know that being too vulnerable can often put someone off. What ways can you think of that can create this tension?
Johnny and AJ share their own experiences with missing emotional bids over the years.
Whether it's getting to know someone for the first time or diving into the deepest parts of a romantic relationship, knowing how to spot an emotional bid and how to react is crucial to creating a true bond with someone we care about.
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS!
DesignCrowd helps startups and small businesses crowdsource custom graphics, logos, Web design — even tattoo designs! Check out DesignCrowd.com/Charm for a special $100 VIP offer for our listeners or enter the discount code CHARM when posting a project.
“Great protection. Fair prices. Easy to use. SimpliSafe is the right way to protect your home.” Go today to SimpliSafe.com/AOC to get your system today!
Art of Charm listeners can get ANY PREMIUM INDOCHINO suit for just $379 + FREE Shipping when entering “CHARM” at checkout. This is 50% off the regular price for a made-to-measure premium suit. Incredible deal for a suit that will fit you better than anything off-the-rack ever could.
HoneyBook makes it easy for you to book your ideal client faster, more frequently, and with less legwork. Art of Charm listeners can get 50% off the first year of Honeybook with promo code CHARM. Sign up at honeybook.com
* The Ben Franklin Effect - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Franklin_effect
* The Gottman Institute - https://www.gottman.com
KEEP UP WITH THE ART OF CHARM
* The Art of Charm Challenge | theartofcharm.com/challenge
* The Art of Charm Insiders | theartofcharm.com/insiders
* The Art of Charm Bootcamp | theartofcharm.com/personal-bootcamp/
* Best of The Art of Charm Podcast | theartofcharm.com/category/best-of/
* The Art of Charm Toolbox | theartofcharm.com/category/toolbox-episodes
IG: @theartofcharm | Twitter: @TheArtOfCharm | Facebook: TheArtofCharm
Wanna RUN A HALF MARATHON in a Halloween costume w/ AJ & Johnny?
Register now at www.runrocknroll.com/los-angeles/ !!
ENJOYING WHAT YOU HEAR?
Your reviews are essential to us and for those discovering The Art of Charm.
Go to theartofcharm.com/mobilereview to share your Art of Charm experience.