Today, I am blessed to have here with me, a well-known medical trainer and detoxification expert, Dr. Pompa. The people of Africa have a saying that before one can have authority, one must first experience victory. Having battled and emerged victorious over a debilitating battle with chronic fatigue syndrome, Dr. Dan Pompa has embraced his God-given mission to assist others who face similar challenges.
Dr. Pompa earned his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Life University’s College of Chiropractic in Marietta, Georgia in 1995 where he graduated second in a class of 150. His journey back to health continued to lead him to a voracious passion to research and learning beyond what is often readily understood. He and his family live in Park City, Utah.
Even though Dr. Pompa no longer practices chiropractic, his understanding of cellular healing and his “5R Principles” as the “roadmap” to healing has led to many requests to be a speaker at large chiropractic seminars to hundreds of professionals who learn of his detoxification program for neurotoxic conditions and other unexplainable illnesses. In 2004, spiritual leaders and health care practitioners hosted Dr. Pompa’s teachings on health and healing principles and the dangerous misuse of western medicine in Zimbabwe, South Africa.
In this episode, Dr. Pompa opens the show revealing the critical benefits of fasting. There are more than seven benefits, by the way! Autophagy is the most significant phase of your fast. Dr. Pompa explains how to reach autophagy and some common signs that you should stop fasting. Stay tuned as Dr. Pompa reveals the varying ways to fast and the problems with Kombucha and Airpods.
▸ [FREE] 🔥E-BOOK: "The Keto Kickstart Guide: 4 Steps to Burning Fat Instead of Sugar" | http://www.ketokickstartguide.com
Keto Kamp Kits: http://www.ketokampkit.com
Dr Phillips CBD Oil, Keto Fruit Chews & Topical Cream http://www.drphilliipscbd.com/ketokamp
My Favorite Keto Snack http://www.paleovalley.com use KKA for 15% off
[01:00] The Key Benefits of Fasting
- Autophagy: the body will get amino acids to heal by getting rid of bad cells.
- Stimulating Stem Cells: it will create new cells that are younger, stronger, and better.
- Energy Diversion: when you are eating food, it takes so much energy to process the food. When you are not eating, it takes the extra energy and diverts it.
- Hormone Optimization: when we look at healthy people, they don’t have high hormone levels.
- Reset Your Genes: stressors of life will trigger genes. Genetically, we are programmed to fast to reset your genes.
- Reset Your Microbiome: you don’t fix a bad gut by ingesting more bacteria.
- Ketones: we need high ketones to heal.
[07:45] When Does Autophagy Start in a Fast?
- Fifteen years for metabolically healthy people.
- If you’re a sugar burner, then it will take you a lot longer to reach autophagy in a fast.
- The people that struggle to get fat-adapted will never really hit the autophagy numbers.
- Be fat adapted to achieve maximum autophagy.
[08:55] Intermittent Fasting Schedule
- When do you want to eat? Pick a window.
- Look at how metabolically flexible you are. Measure your glucose and ketones first thing in the morning. As you fast, your glucose should drop, and your ketones should rise. If that’s not happening, maybe you will need to broaden your window.
- As you start fasting more, then you can begin expanding your fasting window.
- Pompa eats within a 3-4 hour window.
[17:20] Drinking Coffee and Tea During a Fast
- Measure your glucose right before your coffee and then again right after. If your glucose is rising, then it’s not good for you.
- Coffee can stimulate glucose in some people.
- You don’t necessarily have to stop drinking coffee and tea. You might want to try drinking it black or drinking it with fats. You can also try drinking decaffeinated.
- Make sure you are not shutting down autophagy.
- Change up your coffee brand to get better results.
[19:40] About Block Fasting
- Block fasting is for an extended fast. You take blocks of time to fast throughout the year. You get the most autophagy on a water fast.
- As you go through the fast, you get more autophagy.
- You do not want to run a marathon without training.
- There is a way to train yourself in order to maximize your results.
- Typically, a person will not get max autophagy until day four. Max stem cells will happen on day five.
- The best benefits happen at five days. The shortest fast should be for three days.
- We are all programmed to fast.
[30:20] About Partial Fasting
- A partial fast is when you bring calories under a 1,000.
- Restrict both calories and protein. If you eat too much protein, it will shut off autophagy. Get under the 20 gram of protein mark. Keep carbs under 50 grams. You can do this with foods that you already know work for you.
- Bone broth fasting is also considered partial fasting. You can always take sea salt to maintain electrolytes.
[35:00] Dealing With The Toxic Load During a Fast
- If we absorb the toxins, then we can have a successful fast. Get a bind that will sit in your gut.
- Toxins can bind up with bile, which will be dumped in your gut. Then, your liver will reabsorb the toxins.
- Take some CytoDetox.
- You can find necessary detox supplements at com.
[37:10] About Dry Fasting
- A dry fast is not eating food or drinking water.
- Your body needs water. So, your body will start crushing cells to get water.
- There is a 3 to 1 autophagy vs. a water fast.
- Even a single day of a dry fast will be remarkable.
- Try a two day dry fast. It will be the equivalent of six water fasts.
- Don’t jump out and do a long dry fast right away.
- A hard, dry fast means no showering or teeth brushing.
[42:10] Signs You Need to Break a Fast
- There is a point where the body will stop benefiting.
- You will get a white tongue. Then it might turn yellow or fuzzy black. Later, your tongue will turn pink again. That’s a sign to stop the fast.
- Weight loss is another sign. If you are losing weight, then you stop, that’s a sign of stopping the fast.
- If you are hungry again, then you should break the fast.
[47:10] The Problems with Kombucha and Airpods
- People get addicted to Kombucha.
- Stop taking your probiotic. You’ll end up with too much of that bacteria.
- When you drink Kombucha, you will be getting the same bacteria. Change up what brand and type you are drinking.
- Airpods will cause cellular damage and DNA disruption.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
// R E S O U R C E S
🥣Bone Broth from Kettle and Fire: http://bit.ly/389dEaY
Use KETOKAMP at checkout for a discount
➡️The World's Best Olive Oil | Get a $39 Bottle For a $1: http://www.ketokampoliveoil.com
☕Healthiest Coffee: http://www.ketokampcoffee.com Use "ketokamp" for 10% off
➡️Keto Kamp Apparel: http://www.ketokampgear.com
🎓Want to become a keto and fasting pro? Keto Kamp Academy: http://bit.ly/2MKEkWW
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.