In this episode: Swift 5.1 gathers strength, Realm gets swallowed up by MongoDB, Sean discovers SwiftLint, and we discuss whether Apple Arcade will be good for the indie game development community.
- SE-0255 Implicit returns from single-expression functions: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0255-omit-return.md
- SE-0259 Approximate Equality for Floating Point: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0259-approximately-equal.md
- Swift 5.1 snapshots available: https://swift.org/download/
- Realm acquired by MongoDB: https://realm.io/blog/mongodb-to-acquire-realm-the-future-is-bright/
- Docker Hub security breach: https://thehackernews.com/2019/04/docker-hub-data-breach.html
- Paul's pick: Zephyr – https://github.com/ArtSabintsev/Zephyr
- Sean's pick: SwiftLint – https://github.com/realm/SwiftLint
- Open ballot: Do you think Apple Arcade will be good for the wider iOS game development community?