In this episode: lots of new Swift Evolution proposals are in review, we discuss *that* TechCrunch article, dive into server-side Swift, and try to figure out how to pronounce “Herbert”.
- Swift 5 Officially Released: https://swift.org/blog/swift-5-released/
- SE-0246 Generic Math Functions: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0246-mathable.md
- SE-0249 KeyPath Expressions as Functions: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0249-key-path-literal-function-expressions.md
- SE-0252 Key Path Member Lookup: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0252-keypath-dynamic-member-lookup.md
- SE-0248 String Gaps and Missing APIs: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0248-string-gaps-missing-apis.md
- SE-0257 Eliding commas from multiline expression lists: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0257-elide-comma.md
- SE-0255 Implicit returns from single-expression functions: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0255-omit-return.md
- Paul’s pick: Whither app developers? – https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/14/whither-native-app-developers/
- Sean’s pick: Pacing Ourselves in the Marzipan Marathon – https://blog.curtisherbert.com/pacing-ourselves-in-the-marzipan-marathon/
- Open Ballot: Have you experimented with server-side Swift? If so, what are your thoughts, and if not what's holding you back?