In this episode: Codable conformance for Range types, string interpolation in Swift 5.0, Paul and Sean discuss their work over 2018 and plans for 2019, and we ask: what would you change about Xcode?
- SE-0235: Add Result to the Standard Library – https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0235-add-result.md - SE-0239: Add Codable conformance to Range types
- Is gifting in-app purchases coming soon? https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/19/app-store-in-app-purchase-gifting/
- String interpolation changes in Swift 5.0: https://ericasadun.com/2018/12/16/swift-5-interpolation-part-3-dates-and-number-formatters/ and http://alisoftware.github.io/swift/2018/12/15/swift5-stringinterpolation-part1/
- Because this is the end-of-year episode, our picks this time were replaced with looking back on 2018, and looking forward to 2019.
- Open ballot: What would you change about Xcode?