In this episode: flattening nested optionals is accepted as optional iteration is being reviewed, Apple works on a project to support the language server protocol, Sean talks about Airbnb's Lottie framework, and we discuss the importance of good testing.
- SE-0230: Flatten nested optionals resulting from 'try?' – https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0230-flatten-optional-try.md
- SE-0231: Optional Iteration – https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0231-optional-iteration.md
- New LSP language service supporting Swift and C-family languages for any editor and platform – https://forums.swift.org/t/new-lsp-language-service-supporting-swift-and-c-family-languages-for-any-editor-and-platform/17024
- App Bundles Now Support Mac Apps and Free Apps with Subscriptions – https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10162018
- Paul's Pick: "Boy, Have I Been Misusing SCNetworkReachability" – http://blog.jaredsinclair.com/post/179083065595/til-boy-have-i-been-misusing
- Sean's Pick: Lottie, from Airbnb – https://airbnb.design/lottie/
- Open Ballot: What’s the best way to make sure your code is thoroughly tested?
- The iOS testing pyramid: http://cleanswifter.com/proposed-ios-testing-pyramid/