In this episode: iOS 12.0 is picking up speed while 12.1 is already on the way, we dive into DispatchGroup and font metrics, and talk about the many challenges of learning and implementing the latest Swift features.
- Add your nominations to the Swift Community Awards: https://www.hackingwithswift.com/awards
- iOS 12 adoption is already past 50%: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/11/ios-12-installed-on-53-percent-of-devices/
- More than 70 new emoji in iOS 12.1: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/10/apple-brings-more-than-70-new-emoji-to-iphone-with-ios-12-1/
- SE-0230: Flatten nested optionals resulting from 'try?' – https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0230-flatten-optional-try.md
- We can now delete old apps from App Store Connect: https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/apps/news/100002355
- Paul's pick of the week: DispatchGroup – https://developer.apple.com/documentation/dispatch/dispatchgroup
- Sean's pick of the week: UIFontMetrics – https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uifontmetrics
- Open Ballot: How do you keep up with the evolution of Swift?