In this episode: Swift 4.2 lands as Swift 5.0 starts to inch closer, Apple gives TestFlight links to the world, we watch Phil Schiller's infamous Jump video for the hundredth time, and Sean admires the sheer mathematical beauty of Bézier curves.
- Swift 4.2 is out!
- Swift 5.0 release plan: https://swift.org/blog/5-0-release-process/
- Public Test Flight links: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09262018a
- NSFW Detector: https://github.com/lovoo/NSFWDetector
- Apple's use of Swift in iOS 12: https://blog.timac.org/2018/0924-state-of-swift-ios12/
- Phil Schiller jumps off a ledge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MR4R5LdrJw
- An Oral History of Infinite Loop: https://www.wired.com/story/apple-infinite-loop-oral-history
- Sean's animation: https://twitter.com/seanallen_dev/status/1044287956469473280
- Bézier Curves Under the Hood: https://vimeo.com/106757336
- Ben Scheirman's Bézier curves talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e13FierAF8