We Americans pause on November 11 to recognize the sacrifices of our veterans. This month, let's also remember the sacrifices of their families. If you think it's hard to raise boys, try raising boys in a military environment. Frequent moves and deployments challenge the whole family!
Lauren Tamm, creator of The Military Wife and Mom, is a mom of two (a boy and a girl); she's also married to an active-duty Marine. She's passionate about helping parents, teachers, care givers and military spouses discover simple tools that minimize stress, create peace and build connection.
Whether or not you're a military family, you're likely to take away a few tips that will help you in everyday life.
In this episode, Janet, Jen & Lauren discuss:
* The challenges -- and unpredictability -- of military life
* How citizens can support military families
* Parenting under stress
* Masculinity in the military
* Making space for difficult feelings
* Building resilience & coping skills
* Managing your emotions so you can effectively help your children