In this episode, Andrew and Geoff answer questions that were asked on Twitter. The questions they go over are:
1. If intrinsic value is the discounted value of all future cash flows, how can it grow over time? (Apart from interest rates changing)
2. What do you use as a discount rate and why? Presumably, the 30yr treasury rate is problematic because of QE
3. Now we know what the future held for See’s Candies, what was its rough intrinsic value in 1972?
4. We see disruption and weakening moats in multiple industries from media to consumer packaged goods. Are there areas and industries where you think moats are getting stronger?
5. Any opinion on UnitedHealth UNH?
6. Do you think your returns would've been better if you'd never found out about value investing? Would teenage you have avoided some of the mistakes you made as a value investor? Your style now seems to have reverted to close to what you did when starting out as a teenager.
7. What would you do for a living if you never found about investing?
Thanks for listening, and be sure to sign up using the promo code **Podcast** to get $10 off your monthly subscription price forever.
Contact Andrew at:
Contact Geoff at: