The Round Earthers Society – Episode 26: What Is Evil?
Do evil people exist? What is the difference between someone who is is inherently evil and someone who does evil things? Is there a difference?
Jesse and Zach tackle the great big topic of evil. We feel like true evil exists but does it really? Was Hitler inherently evil or did circumstance cause him to do do the things he did? Jesse considers people he has known who have done evil acts. Zach considers if people have a genetic moral compass.
• Snowstorms, fuck the man and sports (01:01)
• A new baby and Zach went on a date (02:51)
• Zach wants to be a video game superstar (10:05)
• The ridiculous of Y2K (11:30)
• Discussing how to talk about what evil is (12:40)
• Do evil people exist? (13:31)
• Zach gives his opinion on evil people (17:14)
• Are evil people mentally ill? (18:21)
• Considering why Hitler turned out the way he did (19:58)
• That we water down what evil is by calling people evil (22:28)
• Having an internal guidance on what to do and what not to do (26:08)
• How does determinism play into people becoming evil? (30:20)
• That events can lead to people doing evil acts (32:14)
• Does intent matter? (36:08)
• Where does personal responsibility play into things? (38:31)
• People Jesse knew who seemed like good guys, but then one day did something that could be considered evil (40:01)
• There are always shades of grey (47:01)
• Is it possible to define evil? Is it beneficial to do that? (49:15)
• That labelling everyone as a racist means the term stops having significant weight in society (53:38)
• Being aware of moral shades of grey makes it easier to judge people (57:10)
• Jesse tells another personal story (01:01:02)
• Zach tries to work out if he’s experienced evil (01:04:35)
• That people have a lack of understanding of mental illness (01:06:51)
• Considering their next topic (01:08:09)
• Gaming and how everyone is playing Fortnite (01:10:11)
Trump ally Steve King: I don't know how 'white supremacist' became offensive term
Jordan Peterson Shares His Thoughts on Hitler
In this episode we talk about Zach's maybe baby, his potential fatherhood and more about the family. We touch on a lot of controversial subjects in this episode including racism. Here at the Round Earthers' Society we believe in equal treatment for all people regardless of the color of your skin. If we do not portray that opinion clearly we would like to reiterate it here.
We were so pleased to have Spencer from the Old Man Orange podcast on the show! We sit down and talk movies and all sorts of other things. If you like this episode be sure to check out his podcast as well!
In this episode Zach and Jesse tackle objective morality. Is there an inherent moral structure in life or is their not? Zach and Jesse actually manage to come to some kind of consensus in this episode. First we talk a little bit about Zach's desperation and his attempts to slay pussy. Then we talk a little bit about Jesse's new girlfriend and after that we dive right into out wonderful topic which is inherent/objective morality. If you like the show please share it on whatever social media you use!
In this episode we talk about how Zach is trying really hard to get down and we tell some stories that maybe make us look not so good. If you like the show please share it on whatever social media you use!
In this episode the guys talk about sex, drugs, and the family. We go in depth into Zach's substance abuse problem as well as Jesse's view on the family unit. If you like the show please share it on whatever social media you use!
We were so happy to do this crossover episode with the guys from the Better Ideas podcast. In this episode we talk more about depression with some new input and some different perspectives. This one's a little heavy guys so be prepared. If you like the show please share it on whatever social media you use!
In this episode Zach and Jesse talk about a few conspiracy theories and if there is anything to them. They also manage to get so side tracked that they accomplish only half of what they intended. Next week will be Conspiracy Theories Pt.2