Cement your knowledge on Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE)! Quiz yourself on the following 5 Pearls we’ll be covering on HE:
* What are other causes of altered mental status in cirrhotics? (1:45)
* What are common precipitants for an acute episode of HE?
* What is asterixis? (6:10)
* What is the diagnostic utility of a cirrhotic with asterixis?
* How do lactulose & rifaximin reduce symptoms of HE? (11:00)
* What are their indications?
* What is the connection between hypokalemia and HE? (14:10)
* What is the discriminatory power of an ammonia level in HE? (16:40)
* In what situation does the NH3 has stronger predictive value?
For full shownotes: https://www.coreimpodcast.com/2017/12/13/5-pearls-on-hepatic-encephalopathy/ (https://www.coreimpodcast.com/2017/12/13/5-pearls-on-hepatic-encephalopathy/)