Conscious Discipline is not a program; it’s a practice that asks adults to make a significant mindset shift. Implementation of Conscious Discipline is a process that begins with experiencing this shift, then building skills, and finally adding structures that support our practice of the skills. Administrators coaching teachers in Conscious Discipline must recognize and accept that different teachers are at different stages in this journey. Fortunately, we have resources to support you every step of the way.
Join Master Instructor Jill Molli as she shares her expertise on working with both skeptical and willing teachers to implement Conscious Discipline. Jill has been a Conscious Discipline Master Instructor for the last 17 years and directs long-term, large-scale implementation projects. Previously, she was an award-winning teacher and counselor. In this episode, Jill discusses her own experience as a skeptical teacher and how she applies this experience in helping administrators coach teachers.
• ConsciousDiscipline.com (https://consciousdiscipline.com/)
• Seven Powers (https://consciousdiscipline.com/methodology/seven-powers/)
• Seven Skills (https://consciousdiscipline.com/methodology/seven-skills/)
• Safe Place (https://consciousdiscipline.com/free-resources/shubert/shuberts-classroom/safe-place/)
• Jill Molli, Conscious Discipline Master Instructor (https://consciousdiscipline.com/professional-development/instructors/jill-molli/)
• The NEW Conscious Discipline Book- Expanded and Updated (https://shop.consciousdiscipline.com/collections/conscious-discipline-core/products/the-new-conscious-discipline-book-expanded-updated)
• Creating the School Family (https://shop.consciousdiscipline.com/collections/school-family/products/creating-the-school-family)
• Self-Regulation Value Pack (https://shop.consciousdiscipline.com/collections/the-safe-place/products/self-regulation-value-pack)
• CLASSROOM EDITION: Feeling Buddies Self-Regulation Toolkit (https://shop.consciousdiscipline.com/collections/feeling-buddies/products/feeling-buddies-self-regulation-toolkit-english-only)
:22 What is Conscious Discipline?
0:40 Introduction of guest Jill Molli
1:39 Process of implementing Conscious Discipline and the importance of intention
7:05 Jill’s story of experiencing a mindset shift with Conscious Discipline
15:08 Working with teachers who are skeptical about Conscious Discipline
17:29 Working with teachers who willing
20:02 Importance of first cultivating the “soil”
21:01 Questions to ask when identifying a teacher’s needs
22:11 What’s Becky up to?
23:04 What’s Becky celebrating?
23:50 Becky’s commitment
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
There are many ways you could have spent this time today, but you chose to spend it with me and I am grateful. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others via your favorite social media platforms.
Also, would you consider taking 60-seconds to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes? Your feedback is extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I love to hear your feedback! And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
On behalf of our Conscious Discipline family, we wish you well.