Are you struggling with creating behavior intervention plans resulting in successful changes within your students? Have you wondered how PBIS and Conscious Discipline could work together in this process?
Over the years working to help students change behavior has resulted in many programs and intervention strategies. Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) does not state to use specific practices. PBIS provides a framework for creating intervention plans. Schools adopting Conscious Discipline can use the PBIS framework to ensure systematic decision making and schools adopting PBIS can use Conscious Discipline to meet the PBIS goal of supporting positive behavior in school culture.
In this episode, we will learn how to create positive behavior intervention plans using Conscious Discipline and the RTI process. Listen in as long time teacher and Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor Fran Rubio-Katz shares step by step how to create effective behavior intervention plans for each child’s success.
• Understanding the adult role in responding to behaviors with children is key.
• Assessing the child’s state and what developmental questions are unanswered begins the intervention plan process.
• When creating a behavior intervention plan, begin with identifying the wanted behaviors.
• In the data collection process, track the wanted behaviors.
STEPS FOR TOMORROW
The intervention process begins with adult regulation and seeing behaviors has a call for help. Utilize the “wanted behaviors” worksheet in the Conscious Discipline and RTI document to begin creating behavior intervention plans.
• Conscious Discipline website
• The Learning Loft - http://learningloft.org/about-us/
• Breathing Icons Printable on the Website at ConsciousDiscipline.com
• CD and RTI Document on the Website at ConsciousDiscipline.com
• Safe Place explanation video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUMc3fWgLEk&index=7&list=PLC1FF90B6D998E9EE
• CD Progress Assessment Rubrics on the Website at ConsciousDiscipline.com
• Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Classrooms
• Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline
:26 What is Conscious Discipline
1:30 Introduction to topic Academic and Behavior plans and Conscious Discipline
3:24 PBIS framework explanation
7:08 Introduction of long-time teacher and founder of the Learning Loft Fran Rubio-Katz
8:40 Struggle into stretch – what does this mean
11:44 Realizing its not them, it’s our responses
15:02 Conscious Discipline for behavior interventions with the RTI process
16:44 Tier 1, 2, and 3 interventions
17:44 Example of creating a behavior intervention with Conscious Discipline
23:09 Summary of creating a behavior intervention plan
26:08 Next steps once plan is created
28:50 Collecting data to determine if interventions are working
29:53 Conscious Discipline and Social Media, connect for support
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
There are many ways you could have spent this time today, but you chose to spend it with me and I am grateful. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others via your favorite social media platforms.
Also, would you consider taking 60-seconds to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes? Your feedback is extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I love to hear your feedback! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
On behalf of our Conscious Discipline family, we wish you well.