HFpEF (heart failure with preserved ejection fraction) with master cardiologist, Dr Clyde Yancy MD, Chief of Cardiology and Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern, Feinberg School of Medicine. Topics include: pathophysiology, HFpEF phenotypes, how to interpret a borderline ejection fraction, evidence based therapies, diuretics, and future directions (pulmonary artery monitors, intra-atrial shunts, ARNI compounds), and more!
Full show notes available at http://thecurbsiders.com/podcast. Join our mailing list and receive a PDF copy of our show notes every Monday. Rate us on iTunes, recommend a guest or topic and give feedback at email@example.com.
- Written and produced by: Paul Williams MD, FACP; Sarah Phoebe Roberts MPH
- Hosts: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP; Stuart Brigham MD
- Show Notes: Justin Berk MD, MPH, MBA; and Beth Garbitelli MS1
- Infographics: Beth Garbitelli MS1
- Editor: Matthew Watto MD, FACP
- Guest: Clyde Yancy MD, MSc, MACC, FAHA, MACP, FHFSA
- 00:00 Thanks to our producers Sarah Phoebe Roberts, Beth Garbitelli and Justin Berk
- 00:50 Intro and guest bio
- 04:00 Guest one liner, career advice
- 08:20 Ms Diana Stolic has HFpEF. What’s the difference in HFpEF and diastolic dysfunction?
- 11:33 How should we think about borderline ejection fraction?
- 15:24 Pathophysiology and Phenotypes of HFpEF
- 18:57 More on the pathophysiology of HFpEF (nitric oxide, fibrosis, inflammatory signaling)
- 21:00 Are there morbidity and mortality differences for HFpEF versus HFrEF?
- 24:45 What historical factors are most important in HFpEF?
- 27:50 Pulmonary artery monitors for HFpEF
- 29:00 Does Diuretic therapy differ in HFpEF and HFrEF?
- 33:44 Ischemic workup for new HFpEF
- 35:33 Right heart cath for HFpEF
- 36:53 Future of HFpEF
- 41:04 Will ARNI compounds work for HFpEF? What are the current medications for HFpEF?
- 45:20 SGLT2 inhibitors for heart failure
- 46:30 Outro