Google News and Updates
Featured Content ePortfolios with Google Sites
Matt and Kasey discuss the value and implementation of ePortfolios and how easy it can be to use Google Sites as the platform for students to display and preserve their learning over the course of a school year or their time in a school from year to year. Discussion points:
Send us your examples!
- Showcase portfolio v. growth portfolio
- Other ePortfolio tools: Seesaw, Canvas
- No templates yet
- Advantages of G Suite for portfolios
- Google Sites integrates with all of the other applications
- G Suite users already have accounts
- Easily embed everything from YouTube to Google Slides
- Drag and drop interface that is easy to use and professional looking
- New features make it even better with buttons and layouts
- Workaround for comments
Google Teacher Tribe Mailbag
- Bettina Franz (comment from the website)
- Google Forms being used to create comment boxes on Google sites.
- Libby Knaggs (via SpeakPipe)
- Classwork in Google Classroom
- Dan Curtis (via SpeakPipe)
- What do you do when students don't have permission to install Chrome extensions?
- Sarah Fromhold (email)
- Is there a way to make Form responses go to the top of the response spreadsheet instead of the bottom?
- Here’s a script to try
On The Blogs