Google News and Updates
Kaizena (voice comments) (kaizena.com)
- Leave voice comments for students
- Discuss student work in an online hub
- Reuse commonly use comments
- Track and rate student progress
- Highlight a document in different colors
- Pull highlighted text from a document and sort in a table at the end of the document
- Hides and reveals text in a document
- Use a password to reveal hidden text
- WriQ is a new Add-on from Texthelp that helps teachers score and keep track of students’ spelling, punctuation and grammar errors so you can focus on the things computers can’t score.
- WriQ auto-scores your students’ docs and tracks the following measures over time:
- Time spent writing
- Text Maturity
- Spelling error rate
- Grammar error rate
- Punctuation error rate
- Percentage error free
- Correct Word Sequences score
- The teacher dashboard gives you a clear graphical view of your students’ writing activity, and let’s you track their progress over time.
- Video overview
Read&Write for Google Chrome
- Technically a Chrome extension but can use in Docs (and web)
- Read&Write offers a range of powerful support tools to help you gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including:
- Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting
- Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words explained
- With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
- Word prediction offers suggestions for the current or next word as you type
- Collect highlights from the text in documents or the web for summarizing and research
- Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
- Simplify and summarize text on web pages to remove ads and other copy that can be distracting
- FREE for teachers
Easy Bib Add-On
- The Bibliography Creator by EasyBib allows you to easily create a bibliography for your research paper.
- Automatically cite books, journal articles, and websites just by entering in the titles or URLs. Format citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard, and over 7K other styles.
- When you're finished creating your bibliography, click Generate Bibliography and we'll alphabetize your citations and add them to the end of your paper.
BONUS: Equatio (chrome extension)
- Easily create mathematical equations, formulas, and quizzes. Intuitively type or handwrite, with no tricky math code to learn.
Google Teacher Tribe Mailbag
- Renee Johnson (Oakhurst, CA) - ctrl+z - to add to another location in Drive … Add student work samples to PD folder for teacher training.
- Craig Klement (Garland, TX) - Same three questions on student forms: First name, last name, class period (drop down) … Spreadsheet: right click on awesome box, sort range (by class period, then by last name) Differentiate forms: three dots, section based on answer (if correct: to next question, if incorrect: YT vid, article, picture, do over or similar question)
- How to Differentiate Questions in Google Forms
On The Blogs