We’re kicking off our “Best Of” Series for season 3. During the summer we take a little hiatus to regroup, rejuvenate, and plan for our upcoming season–season 4!
In part 1 of of our “Best of” series, we revisit our interview with Frank Tate. As one of the most highly listened to and commented about episodes, we chose it first because of how it will change your view of being a parent.
If you’re a regular listener and were unable to listen to this episode, put it at the top of your list. Likewise, if you’re new to the podcast, put it at the top of your list. This is time well spent!
In his upcoming book, Foster Kid,
Frank tells his riveting story and leaves behind nuggets of wisdom he’s picked up from the screaming data of raising his own two kids. Here’s a few nuggets he discusses with us in this episode:
* How to listen to your kids’ screaming data
* Why parents should be editors, not authors
* How to avoid GPS (Generational Peer Stress) Parenting
* What “goodwill shaming” is and why we do it
* Why you should give data-based praise
* How to champion your child’s inner genius (and potentially save lots of money on a college education)
If there is one episode that will change how you think about parenting, this is that episode.