Michael #4: Fluent collection APIs (
- flupy implements a fluent interface for chaining multiple method calls as a single python expression.
- All flupy methods return generators and are evaluated lazily in depth-first order.
- This allows flupy expressions to transform arbitrary size data in extremely limited memory.
pipeline = flu(count()).map(lambda x: x**2) \
.filter(lambda x: x % 517 == 0) \
for item in pipeline:
- The CLI in particular has been great for our data science team. Not everyone is super comfortable with linux-fu so having a cross-platform way to leverage python knowledge on the shell has been an easy win.
- Also if you are LINQ inclined: https://github.com/sixty-north/asq
asq is simple implementation of a LINQ-inspired API for Python which operates over Python iterables, including a parallel version implemented in terms of the Python standard library multiprocessing module.
Brian #5: Guido blogging again
>>> from asq import query
>>> words = ["zero", "one", "two", "three", "four", "five", "six", "seven", "eight", "nine", "ten"]
['ONE', 'SIX', 'TEN', 'TWO', 'FIVE']
Michael #6: Web apps in pure Python apps with Anvil
- What to do with your computer science career
- Answering “A question about whether to choose a 9-5 job or be an entrepreneur”
- entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone
- working for someone else can be very rewarding
- shoot for “better than an entry-level web development job”
- And “A question about whether AI would make human software developers redundant (not about what I think of the field of AI as a career choice)”
- AI is about automating tasks that can be boring
- Software Engineering is never boring.
- Design with our visual designer
- Build with nothing but Python
- Publish Instant hosting in the cloud or on-site
- Paid product but has a free version
- Covered on Talk Python 138