Dr. Lindsay Weisner, and she is the co-author of a book with Selene Castrovilla called 10-Steps to Finding Happy which is due to be released on March 20th which is the United Nations International Day of Happiness.
Now this was recorded well before Coronavirus was even a thing. It’s amazing how things can turn on their heads! So some of our comments you may look at through a different lens now that we’re living with more uncertainty.
Lindsay is a psychologist who specializes in teenagers with suicidal ideation. We’ll talk a little bit more about that in here. Alongside that conversation though is one about what makes us happy? And why we aren’t necessarily as happy as we could be. Specifically we’ll touch on:
· How technology is interrupting our lives, and stopping us from being present in the here and now (news notifications anyone?)
· How perhaps we really are more stressed out these days
· How every generation has their “mess of garbage” to deal with
· How we are likely bringing more psychological baggage into our lives than previous generations
· How expectations of happiness can lead to disappointment
· And the importance of living an active over a passive life.
You can pre-order 10-Steps to happy before 20th March. But also remember, 20th March is United Nations International Day of Happiness. We need it this year…so spread so happy around dear people.
Dr. Lindsay Wesiners book 10-Steps to Happy is going to be released on 20th March. If you enjoyed her upbeat vibe, you can also listen to her podcast which is Neurotic Nourishment. If you want to track down Lindsay and learn more about her work, therapy etc. you can follow her at @PsychShinkMom, and she practices out of Hewlett New York.